These treatments are only as good as the person’s immune and hormonal system is as they rely on the body for the regenerative response. Studies have shown that obesity and inactivity are not only detrimental to healthy and robust cell signaling (the premise of regenerative therapies) but that it actually causes stem cell populations to essentiallywither. This is why it is highly recommended to be at least 10 days into some kind of detox cleanse before doing any PRP injection in our office. We have a 21 day detox cleanse available in our office for those who need one.
Without adequate muscle mass people do not have healthy mitochondria, which are the powerhouses of all human cells. Joints don’t hold together well if they don’t have adequate musculature surrounding them. Deconditioned bodies or bodies that only do chronic cardio (running/cycling) don’t hold together well, even with these treatments.
What Types of Conditions Do We Treat?
- Knee Pain
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Torn meniscus
- Acute joint injuries
- Chronic joint pain
- Whiplash pain
- Chronic Headaches
- Low Back Pain
- Herniated Discs (mild or moderate)
- Rotator Cuff Injuries/Tears (not complete tears)
- Labral Tears (shoulder/hip)
- Sprained Ankles
- Tennis/Golfer’s Elbow
- Unstable joints
- Ligamentous Laxity
- Many more……
Conditions that do not respond favorably to PRP:
- Chronic myofascial pain syndromes
- Severely herniated discs
- Central Spinal Stenosis
- Complete Rotator Cuff Tears
- Obvious Surgical Conditions
- Pain from Cancer
- Pain from Autoimmune Conditions
What Can I Expect from My Regenerative Consult with the Doctor as Oasis?
- The Oasis doctor is not able to discuss your particular condition with you over the phone or email, review your MRI report or verify with you that these therapies are right for you prior to a New Patient Visit.
- Potential patients often want a verification that these treatments will work for them prior to scheduling an appointment, and the short answer is NO, it is simply not possible to know without meeting you in person. The nature of orthopedic issues require the Oasis doctor to meet you in person and do a comprehensive history & physical exam before the doctor can even determine whether the treatments that we offer would be suitable for you and your unique, individual needs. There are no sure answers in medicine. You must be or become an established patient of at Oasis before we are legally able to give you any medical advice.
- Your first office visit with the Oasis doctor will include detailed health history, region physical exam of your main joint complaint, and review of any previous imagining that you bring with you. Once all of the information is compiled, the Oasis doctor will answer any questions or concerns that you may have. You will be told the treatment plan and given an estimate of cost of the injections at that time. The Oasis doctors rarely injects on the first visit.
- Healing is a process- this is a layered, functional approach- just as most painful conditions do not happen over night, nor does optimal healing and wellness. Wellness is a journey, not a destination. For those who want a “quick fix injection”, this is the wrong clinic for your needs. If you want to engage in the ownership of your body, wellness and overall health, and you’re ready to do the work, then Oasis is an inspiring and positive office to work with.
- If it is determined that your painful condition is stemming from an underlying nutritional, hormonal or systemic cause you may be counseled to work on your diet/lifestyle or referred to a holistic health coach or other practitioner specializing in these treatments. You may be referred out, for other various reasons, to the most appropriate practitioner for your condition. Oasis doctors take pride in their ability to quickly diagnose and decide the most appropriate course of action for our patients and to get you into the hands of the practitioner who can help you most and the fastest. Jumping to PRP or stronger treatments is often not a good idea initially if you are not in optimal healing mode or you are inflamed.
- Our goal is to always get you into the best hands for your type of pain and Oasis doctors have extensive training and experience so as to triage your individual case to most efficiently meet your needs. Too much time and money is wasted going from specialist to specialist for most people in pain. Oasis takes pride in putting control back into the patient’s hands.
What costs are involved?
Prolozone: Traditionally, 1-6 rounds of Prolozone, spaced 1-4 weeks apart, are needed for optimal results. We ask that patients commit to the full course of treatment for best resolution. Most people will notice improvement after the first 1-3 sessions. Depending on your response to the first treatment, the doctor may suggest moving on to PRP to save you money.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP for Joints): 1-2 regions can be treated at the same visit We always suggest that patients commit to 3 treatments for optimal results, spaced at various intervals though many people respond sufficiently to just one session while occasionally much less often people may need more.
Hair Regeneration PRP: More than one treatment is often necessary. Hair loss happens for many reasons, not all respond to PRP.Facial Aesthetic PRP Facelift: More than one treatment is often necessary.
Stem Cell for Joints: 90-95% of time just one treatment session is necessary.
Healing takes TIME. This is NOT a one-shot-wonder.
While some patients may get full pain/symptom resolution after only one treatment, many need the recommended amount described above. We generally recommend 3 treatments spaced 6-8 weeks apart.
Patients also may become concerned about symptoms returning during the course of treatment, between injections. While this is completely understandable, we ask that all patients to have PATIENCE with the healing process. It is simply not possible to determine if a treatment plan is working until the course of treatment is completed. Everyone is a unique individual with a unique chemical milleu and a unique hormonal status and unique pain-wiring. We honor this uniqueness and we ask that patients honor their healing process and allow the course of treatment to be completed. The doctor can not promise any decent results with only one treatment. You must complete the full series prescribed for optimal benefits.
Does Oasis accept or bill Insurance?
Regenerative Injection Therapy is not covered by insurance companies at this time. Billing insurance for these procedures is considered insurance fraud. We are not contracted with any insurance companies. As such, Oasis does not bill private health insurance, nor is Oasis “In-Network” with any insurance companies except for Medicare. Oasis is Out-of-Network with all insurance companies except Medicare.
Oasis will bill Medicare may choose to courtesty bill your other PPO insurance for the office visit only but will NOT bill them for any/all materials and processing fees. Please see Cash Patient Fee Schedule for detailed pricing info. It is your responsibility to understand the fees. All materials and processing fees are due upon time of service (Stem Cells must be ordered before the treatment appointment). Please ask the Oasis staff if you have ANY questions regarding pricing.
Why haven't I heard of Prolozone before?
Medical school and residency trains physicians to think of Tylenol, NSAIDS, prescription medications, physical therapy and surgery as first line treatments for arthritic knee pain. Therefore even most physicians haven't heard of it before. There is also no single pharmaceutical company that will be making a bunch of money off of prolozone so you won't see it heavily advertised.
Is Prolozone the same as Prolotherapy?
No. Prolozone uses ozone, oxygen, homeopathics, vitamins, and minerals to create healing. Prolotherapy uses inflammation to create the healing. While prolotherapy is usually effective, most physicians now use prolozone because of the great ease, less pain and less number of treatments required.
Does it really work?
Yes, for 90% of people who give it a try, it will work at decreasing pain to some extent and for most of them it will give complete or near-complete resolution of pain. The pain-free timeframe varies from person to person and typically may range from one month to a couple years depending on the person and what other therapies they are willing to implement.
What exactly is in the injection?
Prolozone: A mixture of ozone, oxygen, homeopathic medicine, Methyl B12, Folic acid, Nanoparticle silver, Procaine.
PRP: your own platelets and growth factors taken from your own blood.
Stem Cells: stem cells taken from healthy newborn amniotic or umbilical cord tissue that would’ve otherwise been thrown in the trash.
Is it painful? I don't like needles.
We use ethyl chloride spray that momentarily numbs the skin so that you usually will not even feel the needle and if you do the discomfort will be very minimal. Most people comment that "I didn't even feel the needle go in."
Can Oasis prescribe pharmaceuticals for my chronic pain issues?
The Oasis doctor will only prescribe the occasional pain medication following a procedure, and even then the doctor generally suggests only regular Tylenol.
Are you ready to take the next step towards getting on top of your pain and schedule an appointment so that you can enjoy your life more? Call (818) 957-6909
Testimonial by a woman with knee pain who received one Prolozone treatment from Dr. Yoshi Rahm and is no longer experiencing any pain.