OsteoArthritis vs Rheumatoid Arthritis
Simply put, osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis and involves the wearing away of the cartilage that caps the bones in your joints. Meanwhile, in rheumatoid arthritis the synovial membrane that protects and lubricates your joints becomes inflamed, causing pain and swelling. Joint erosion may follow.
For a more detailed description, please read the Mayo Clinic's Special Report on Arthritis
Prolozone Regenerates Joints by Frank Shallenberger MD, the originator of prolozone in the U.S.
Dr. Yoshi Rahm’s Joint Rescue Protocol
Dr. Yoshi Rahm’s Joint Rescue Protocol to help rid your inflammation and joint pain in 10 days:
- 10 Day Inflammation Detox Food Program to reset your body and start and maintain a healthy weight which has been proven to help decrease arthritis pain.
- DO NOT LIST: Watch out for joint pain triggers such as: sugar (especially from fructose and grains), dairy products, corn, meats, gluten (wheat, oats, rye), eggs, citrus fruits, nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, nuts, peppers, eggplant), coffee, peanut butter, refined oils (canola, vegetable, corn, peanut).
- YES LIST: Eat these joint-nourishing nutrients: Grapes, pears, cabbage, parsley, asparagus, leeks, onion, cauliflower, and broccoli. In general, eat unprocessed organic produce only.
- Movement daily. Even mild exercise is a must.
- Bone broth 1-4 cups per day. Make sure bones are from organic grass fed or wild animals. WestonAPrice.org has a great recipe.
- Joint Juice Healing Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh coconut milk (may substitute with almond milk if need be)
- ½ cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup organic frozen raspberries (may substitute with other organic fruit)
- 1 TBSP coconut oil
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ginger
Natural supplements that will help rid you of inflammation and joint pain. Available in office for your convenience and most supplements are at a 10% discount. Highly recommend Dr. Yoshi Rahm’s ArthroBeCalm Ultra paired with Ostarplex or Rumaplex.
- Cyplexinol containing bone morphogenetic proteins and collagen (well researched and proven to be beneficial at even re-growing cartilage and bone)
- Collagen II
- Turmeric / Curcumin (eat with fat)
- Glucosamine sulfate
- Hyaluronic acid
- Proteolytic enzymes
- Dr. Yoshi Rahm’s ArthroBeCalm Ultra has the first 8 individual ingredients listed above. Suggest 2 capsules every 12 hours to keep constant levels of cyplexinol in the body. Great for both Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Dr. Yoshi Rahm’s InflammAway has the last 3 individual ingredients listed above plus more of the Boswellia and Curcumin. Suggest 1-2 capsules twice daily on empty stomach. Great for Osteoarthritis but especially recommended for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
- Standard Process Ostarplex for Osteoarthritis. Suggest 3 tabs 3 times daily.
- Standard Process Rumaplex for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Suggest 3 tabs 3 times daily.
- Arthroben Medical food for Osteoarthritis. Combination of flavonoids (Fortigel) and collagen peptides. Suggest 1.5 tablespoons daily in liquid (coconut milk or water).
- Homeopathic Arnica Montana for Osteoarthritis or homeopathic Rhus toxicodendron for Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Topical creams to help with inflammation and joint pain (available in office for your convenience):
- Double Helix Water Cream. For both Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis. Apply as needed. You can’t over-do-it.
- Designs for Health ArthroSoothe Cream. For both Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis. Apply as needed.
- Essential Oils such as doTERRA Deep Blue. For both Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Movement and Exercise
Movement / Exercise therapy is a researched and proven key to optimal musculoskeletal health. We highly recommend you check out Optimal Performance Systems at www.OPSmovement.com to get top of the line therapy.
Laser Touch One
Laser Touch One is a laser that we often use in our office for arthritic knee pain and can be purchased in our office for $489 (purchased online is $489 + tax).
Photo of knee x-rays before and after prolozone.
What to Expect After Your Prolozone Injection
The first 45-60 minutes after an injection you may feel a full sensation with some slushy noises in the joint. It is important to keep some motion in the joint for the first hour without any excessive stress on the joint.
Ice should be used on the injection site for 15 minutes during the first 48 hours at least 2-3 times depending on tenderness. Avoid use of over-the-counter NSAIDS (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs), like ibuprofen, motrin, aleve, naproxen, mobic, aspirin, acetaminophen, etc., because they will counter-act the healing that is being promoted.
Most people experience some level of stability within the first 48 hours, having between a 20-80% reduction of pain in the joint, with improved range of motion. Over the first week some of the pain may come back in the joint; this is normal for the healing process. We usually follow up with a second injection within 7-14 days if needed.
If a third injection is needed we suggest waiting at least 3 weeks after the second injection though often this can be put off for much longer. This will vary by the severity and acuteness of your condition, as well as your ability to heal.
It is important to start on some exercises to improve the muscle tone. The affected joint generally has experienced a loss in range of motion and strength; the motion will be increased post-injection. Tenderness and swelling are a normal part of the healing process and can be sometimes flared up with the increased motion. Initially working on range of motion and then progressing to direct strengthening exercise is crucial to develop long-term stability in the knee. We highly recommend Optimal Performance Systems at www.OPSmovement.com to get top of the line therapy.
Prolozone vs. Steroids, Prolotherapy and Viscosupplements
|Promotes & Accelerates Healing||Yes||No – decreases pain but
actually inhibits healing
|Effect on Immune System||Strengthens||Weakens||No known effect||No|
|Benefits Surrounding Tissues||Yes – Don't have to
inject the exact target
|No||No – must inject in
|Works for Other Tissues Besides Just
|# of Injections per Treatment||1-3||1-3||5-20||1|
|Can Get Multiple Injections Repeatedly||Yes||No||Yes||Yes|
|# of Treatments Needed||1-6 (only 1-3 typically)||1||4-8||3-5|
|Cost Per Office Visit||$150-$250||$100-$250||$150-$500||$500|
Did you know that?
- IV Ozone can be a great option also to lower arthritis pain, especially rheumatoid arthritis. Suggested frequency is one to two times weekly for a couple weeks to monitor response.
- Mycoplasma (bacteria) infections are present in at least 80% of arthritis patients tested.
- Prevotella Corpi is a harmful gut bacteria and that 75% of rheumatoid arthritis patients are infected with it.
- Gingivitis can be a precursor to arthritis. But probiotics like Lactobacillius reuteri specifically kill disease-causing oral bacteria. Also, rinsing with nano-particle silver is great for resolving gingivitis.
- Motion keeps your joints lubricated and muscles strong. So stay active to ease joint pain. Your hips and knees have to be in alignment so they don’t throw all your joints out of place and cause arthritis. Visit www.OPSmovement.com for top-of-the-line movement therapy.
- Heat topically instead of ice or at least end with heat can help joint pain. Note that cold/ice might be best if have very strong inflammation.
- Food sensitivity testing from ElisaAct is probably the best testing available for food sensitivities and a great option to test for when arthritis pain is refractory to other treatments. Learn more at www.ElisaAct.com.
BUY SUPPLEMENTSUse registration code YR455
Ask us about our 10 Day Inflammation Detox Program to reset your body.
Note: Most supplements that are available for purchase in office are discounted at an additional 10% off.
Testimonial by a woman with knee pain who received one Prolozone treatment from Dr. Yoshi Rahm and is no longer experiencing any pain.
"I have severe arthritis pain in my left knee that was getting progressively worse due to having almost no cartilage in the knee. Immediately after a prolozone injection the pain level drops from about a 9 out of 10 to less than a 1 on the pain scale." –Clark
"Clark is my dad and he is the reason I learned about prolozone because I couldn’t bear to watch him in so much pain. I’m just grateful to be able to dramatically help him and I’m excited to share this amazing treatment with you." – Dr. Yoshi Rahm